PoM Dojo

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

Baffo

Re: PoM Dojo

Post by Baffo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:07 am

If I remember right, Stan has Fire of Salvation in his PoM collection and looking trough the cards I noticed he's just 16 points for Righteous vengeance (5'' vengeance + 8'' charge +1'' melee range = 14'' threat) and an imprint that gives him boosted mat 7 P+S 20 attacks and effectively berserk, without taking any damage buffs into account. If you bring him with a Kreoss it even gets Dispel on its mace. Granted it is somewhat redundant with Purification on K1 and feat on K3, but on the other hand if you are focusing your offense on a single buffed target (like a colossal), you can spare the foc of purification and give it out to your battle group instead.

Anyway, Durst also has Hallowed avenger which gives another jack in his BG the same 'sudo vengeance'. Thinking about maxing out possible synergies I looked at Blood of Martyrs, who gets +2/+2 on melee attacks with the same trigger as hallowed avenger (FF warrior model getting killed within 5'') to get up to Mat 9 P+S 20 on 14'' threat again for the bargain cost of 16 pts (though I realize we don't have it in our pool, just brainstorming). Same trick could work just fine on a Reckoner for same points, you loose 1 pow but you gain +1'' of threat due to 2'' melee range.

Here's a combined arms Durst brick idea:
Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 (+28) points

(Durst 1) Anson Durst, Rock of the Faith [+28]
- Fire of Salvation [16]
- Reckoner [16]
- Reckoner [16]
- Devout [9]
- Vigilant [9]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard [9]
Temple Flameguard (max) [11]
- Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard [4]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Wrack [1]

Part of the 'synergy' is in the upkeep spell Bulwark, which makes the jacks steady and +2 Def while in B2B with each other, meaning the reckoners with their Ashen veil get up to def 14 Arm 19 (21 Vs shooting, up to 23 - 25 with feat) and passing the Def bonus to any neighbours in B2B. Should any enemy attacks kill off some Flame guards in front of the jack brick or support models in the back you get 2 jacks to move up 5'' to set up for a good alpha strike (and you can even extend that threat range with Boundless charge).
Rhoven is there for Eyeless sight on a reckoner and so his Bodyguards provide 2 extra shield guards for Durst and possible triggers for the Vengeance of the jacks, but could be dropped for another 9-12 pts jack (dropping also the cheap support solos). Rhupert is there to mainly support the chaff with Tough and Pathfinder on demand (that could go on jacks if you don't need the Boundless charge threat/free charge buff and would rather save the focus).
The extra solos could also be switched for a Hierophant to help Durst cycle his spells, or take in the Covenant of Menoth for the no spells bubble...

Alternative units we could pick instead of the Flameguard are Zealots+UA (to add insult to injury, when you pop mini feat and bring back all the zealots killed last turn, while still triggering the abilities of the jacks) or maybe some daughters; I don't think Errants would work best with this list, since their self sac doesn't trigger the righteous vengeance (if they self sac the models dying were not felled by an enemy attack per se) and they are the most 'expensive infantry module.

What do you guys think?

J_S

Post by J_S » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Works for me - I might be tempted to switch out Rhoven for Covenant + upgrade the TFG to Errants with either a Seneschal or the UA, just to give some board presence outside the brick. Dunno if Eyeless Sight on a Reckoner is better than the Covenant for the points difference. Shield Guards are cool though.

Also slightly less shit Reznik list:

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 (+28) points

(Reznik 1) High Executioner Servath Reznik [+28]
- Vanquisher [17]
- Vanquisher [17]
- Fire of Salvation [16]
- Revenger [10]
- Vigilant [9]
Temple Flameguard (max) [11]
- Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard [4] ---> or a Guardian. That would skew the list hard towards heavy jacks and still probably be quite good.
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Nicia, Tear of Vengeance [5]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:37 am

Guardian's really good with pReznik because of Perdition and because getting boosted attacks is great for getting that crit off. And Death Sentence. Not sure why you need 2 sets of Wracks but I'd try to fit a Hierophant there because Reznik needs all the focus help he can get.

Durst list is probably legit but I've never played him or against him so I can't really offer too much insight into that.

J_S

Post by J_S » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:29 am

Reznik doesn't have Death Sentence, you casual scrub :) Hierophant is probably good. Enliven might also be decent here too, if your jacks get clipped by some AoE or token charges or whatever. Plus, free focus.

There is tinkering to be done with the solos department. The real question is whether you sub the Guardian for FoS, or the TFG. 8 Choir boys enough to trigger Righteous Vengeance? We shall see I guess.

Despite all this random floudering around, it seems I'm getting a bit closer to where I/we wanna be I think - the good all round Kreoss1 problem matchup, and some other hard tank denial skew list to make decisions hard for the other team.

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:57 am

Brand of Heresy, I stand corrected. It does pretty much the same thing, in the context I described anyway. :p

Vassals are indeed good with him. Between Witch Hound, Enliven and Perdition (and Vengeance on FoS) you have so much out of activation movement it's not even funny. But I feel you almost need to include Covenant to make Enliven work properly and there are still ways to get around it. Gives your opponent a lot to think about which eats the clock so that in itself is worth it.

I'd put in a Guardian instead of Revenger. Don't know why but Revengers (or Lancers) never clicked with me but that's purely personal preference so take it with a grain of salt.

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Would you play eFeora if I told you I bought Hand of Judgment? *flutters eyelashes*

J_S

Post by J_S » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:03 pm

I'd consider it if the dojo is strong enough. Her anti-magic game sucks but having a fast jack list that shits out fire everywhere could be a decent second list too. I'm open to ideas.

I figured out the best JANK yesterday - jack marshall Repenters with the Bastion Seneschal. He's sturdy enough to not die instantly, has a CMD 10, gives them +2 to hit back with his jack marshall AND has a drive that makes them immune to spells and crippled systems. Seems good? Too bad you don't have any.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:08 pm

You do realize that Jackmarshal's Take Aim 'order' forceds the jack to forfeit their move to Aim to get the bonus, right? Not too good on an 8'' spray...
I think it works much better with Redeemers for 3x pow 16 (pow 10 blast damage) combining the jack marshal and Choir
Especially under Sevvy1 with Eye of menoth up all the time.

J_S

Post by J_S » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Baffo wrote:You do realize that Jackmarshal's Take Aim 'order' forceds the jack to forfeit their move to Aim to get the bonus, right? Not too good on an 8'' spray...
I think it works much better with Redeemers for 3x pow 16 (pow 10 blast damage) combining the jack marshal and Choir
Especially under Sevvy1 with Eye of menoth up all the time.

You don't use "Take Aim!", you use "Strike True!". RAT 7.

J_S

Post by J_S » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Here is Stan's sweet list dojo

eFeora +28

Judicator 36
Hand of Judgement 18
Vanquisher 17
Full TFG+UA 11+4
Pyrrhus 4

Full Choir 6
Vassal 3