Road to WTC

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

S'tan

Road to WTC

Post by S'tan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:07 pm

I've started making final preparations so we don't get caught with out pants down if shit hits the fan. You're all obviously welcome to contribute if you feel I forgot anything or I'm just plain wrong.

-Car
: is sorted as well as she can be. I'm visiting my mechanic on Monday probably and we'll go through all the vital stuff again to make sure we're not stranded somewhere people only speak German. He's repair [10] so I'm not worried. Sorted

-Filming: 2 dashcams, 2 normal cameras, tablet if everything else runs out of batteries and we really need to film something like closing ceremony or whatever. Baffo volunteered to take some footage as well so that's covered. What we will need is more SD and/or micro SD cards so I don't constantly have to transfer vids to laptop. If anyone can live without some for a week, it'd be greatly appreciated. Also if you can bring your own recording devices and make a short clip or two, diversity's great when putting together videos. I'll also try to sort of one of the drones for some aerial footage but that's low priority given everything else I still have to do.Pending

-Nav: I'll be running Waze on tablet but that's about 80% reliable due to crashes. If it works it works brilliantly. Can't find my old Garmin, I'll rummage through a bunch of boxes again and hopefully it's there somewhere. I wanna have some backup. Also Austrian and German highways aren't an easy place to get lost in but when we're in 'dam and wherever the venue is, a navigator would be appreciated. Any takers? Also, can anyone hotspot with phone outside of Slo? Edit: found Garmin so this matter is now: Sorted

-Baggage: We've discussed this before, 1 KR case per person + 1 rucksack. Baffo's needs more space for minis iirc and I'll accommodate that because between me and JS we fill about a KR case and a half. If you desperately need more stuff it will probably end up on your knees. Apart from a couple of extra pants, socks and tshirts, hygiene products and gaming accessories we shouldn't need much anyway. Oh yeah, don't forget your passports, migrant crisis effectively abolished schengen zone when traveling north. Also it's probably worth double and tripple checking we have all our nicely painted minis (sigh), cards (more sigh), tape measures, dice, tokens & all. JS did you bring your with you or do you need everything? Pending

I'll write more stuff here if I remember anything.

S'tan

Re: Road to WTC

Post by S'tan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:26 am

Well don't everyone speak at once. :P

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:01 am

When you say: '...bring your passport' you mean literally the passport, or generic Identity card?
As far as I know the ID card should be enough unless we planned traveling by plane, right?

Besides that, I think we (meaning me and you, Stan) should meet up at my place sometime before starting the road trip, to figure out what models go into which carrying cases and such... Probably Wednesday afternoon, bring whatever models you have fully painted by then and we can figure out the pluck foam trays:)

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:06 pm

No go. I can come a few hours early on Thursday but otherwise, this month is a complete nightmare for me and I literally don't have any spare time for...anything. Unpainted model count is still worryingly high, I'm still in vineyard because of the harvest and I'm working Mon/Tue/Wed. As I said, mine an JS's stuff take a case and a half, you have 1 colossal + 1 small tray, 1 large and 2 medium...whatever you need. Half a case.

From Slo to Austria ID card is enough. Not sure how strict Aus-Ger border is but passport is a safer bet, you're probably fine with ID card though.

So the most pressing issue atm is getting more micro SD cards.

J_S

Post by J_S » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:15 pm

I have a box with the following:

Dice
Tokens
Templates
1 tape measure
My two lists on 1 pink post it
A dry erase pen
Colour print outs if the pom cards in sleeves (only Piper is black and white)
6 Soles tokens, one for each opponent
Swiss army knife
Guild Ball cards and models

J_S

Post by J_S » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Also if you want me to drive your car part of the way, be sure the insurance covers it. I can get you my details if required

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:01 am

It's fine, I'll drive. Still need a navigator though. And a bunch of micro/big SD cards.