Khador Mk3 Dojo

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

Baffo

Khador Mk3 Dojo

Post by Baffo » Wed May 25, 2016 4:39 am

Ok, after a few rounds trough the Khador and Merc new decks here are my first ideas for Mk3 list; to keep things 'simple' lets go with a variant of my old generalist gunline'...

Vlad1's Armored Gunline:
Vlad1 -28
- Conquest 37
- Behemoth 24
- Reinholdt 4
Battle mechanics (min) 3
Winterguard Riflecorps (max) 13
- 3x Winterguard rocketeers 6
Kovnik Joe 4
Ayanna & Holt 8
- Koldun Valachev 4

Synergies:
- Behemoth gets 1 free Foc + 1 Foc from Vlad and under Signs he gets 2 fully boosted 4'' AoEs per turn.
- Reinholdt is there mainly for the new Spyglass ability that removes Stealth from 1 enemy model in his LoS (so I can pinpoint an Eyryss or Stealthed caster or beast to shoot it up with heavy guns or CRAs from Riflecorps), Riflecorps can get boosted attacks + Signs and portents to scalpel out high def infantry or CRA for harder targets; also keep in mind the Rocketeers are Rng 14 Pow 12 Brutal damage shots with the same bonuses as the unit.
- Ayanna and Holt are there primarily to dish out Magical weapons to eithem my Big guns or the Riflecorps when needed (specifically for Menoth and Cryx match-ups), alternatively they use Zephyr on Valachev for a 19'' Magic 7+ Signs and portents Harm:)

Alternatives:
- Switch the Behemoth for 2x Juggernaughts to use as Anti-armor missiles with Feat free charges for 12'' threat of Mat 7 P+S 19-21 Ice axes under Signs...

Butcher3's Max Axe:
Butcher3 -22
- Ruin 17
- Beast-09 21
- Wardog 3
Greylord Ternions 7
Ragman 4
Great Bears 9
Regular Iron Fang Pikemen + UA 19
Iron Fang Kovnik 4
Widowmaker Scouts 8
Kell Bailoch 5

Synergies:
- Mainly it is about the synergy between the Iron fang models: Great bears and IFP have Relentless charge and can be affected by Silence of Death and the Iron fang Kovnik grants them all Steady and Precision strike within his 10'' command. If Ragman manages to get off his Dark shroud Aura the IFP+Silence of Death are P+S 17 that negate Tough and RFP (Butcher himself can get up to P+S 20 weaponmaster with the same buffs while his doggies have 2x P+S 17 bites each)
- Incidentally new Sniper rules negate Tough as well and Kell can now make 2x magical Death shot attacks (2x 3 auto points of damage)
- The Greylords are there mainly to cloud up the jacks/Wargii screening B3 on the advance; Could take out the Greylords and either Ragman or Kell to put in one more jack (a Rager for Shield guard or a Juggernaut for more punch).

J_S

Re: Khador Mk3 Dojo

Post by J_S » Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 am

Slight disclaimer - no character restrictions in the next Steamroller :)

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Wed May 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Ok, today I've been tinkering with Vlad1's list builds and here is the latest Jank-tastic Vlad1 Iron rush list:

Vlad1 -28
- Beast09 21
- Ruin 17
- Torch 18
- Rager 11
Battle mechanics (max) 5
Winterguard Riflecorps (max) 13
- 3x Rocketeers 6
Kovnik Joe 4
Widowmaker scouts 8

The general idea is rather simple: crack armor with the character heavies and clear infantry/charge lanes with super accurate riflecorps and widowmakers. One bit of synergy here is that Torch has assault and can shoot out Targeting flares like the Spriggan (place completely within 10'' type that removes Stealth), so he can reveal key stealthed models for my small fire arms to take care of:)

I am fairly sure this list won't make it in my 2 list pair, because it kind of overlaps in function to the Butchers, leaving me open to a number of problematic match-ups, so I'll probably stick with a ranged Vlad, but it looks kinda fun:)

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Wed May 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Where's the MoW love?

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Wed May 25, 2016 11:22 pm

Shocktroopers need their UA to be good and I don't think that will get released before WTC.
Also If I am going to play MoWs they'll have to be fully geared and converted which is another project I'll start after WTC.

Weefsat

Post by Weefsat » Thu May 26, 2016 8:34 am

BTW, you noticed that Aiyanna's damage buff is only friendly faction now? You think it's still worth taking her just for the magic weapons?

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Thu May 26, 2016 9:20 am

Think that's why A&H have Valachev.

J_S

Post by J_S » Thu May 26, 2016 9:33 am

In Khador, Baffo next levels YOU.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Ok, in an attempt to push the boundaries of my Khador list-building, here is mid-level Jack skew I will try out in Tobačana tomorrow:

Harkevich -28
- Behemoth 24
- Black Ivan 19
- Destroyer 16
- Devastator 14
- Juggernaut 12
- Rager 11
- Reinholdt 4
Battle mechanics (min) 3

This is for the moment just a hodge-podge mix of heavy jacks that were gathering dust on my shelf. Depending on how well/bad it performs on the table I might make the effort of converting 1-2 Demolishers (clam jack with cannons so it synergises with Broadside) instead of the Devastator and Jugo:

Harkevich -28
- Behemoth 24
- Black Ivan 19
- Destroyer 16
- Demolisher 16
- Demolisher 16
- Reinholdt 4
Battle mechanics (max) 5
Battle mechanics (min) 3

The Clam jacks are base Arm23 and have Steady and Sturdy (no KD or Pushes), so they would just run forward to contest zones and bait out enemy heavies (TUrn 1 and 2 mobility means the Run 12'' each turn and Slam 9'' without opening up), while Behe and company can lob 4x Pow 14 4'' AoEs without him casting Broadside. If he casts Broadside I get 3x more Bombard shots (Rng 14'' Pow 14) and 2 Shots from the Demolishers (Rng 8'' Pow 15 3''AoE) and if Hark activates before the Clam jacks (almost always will due to Mobility) the jacks get to close up and run/slam again...

Weefsat

Post by Weefsat » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:17 am

Incidentally this counters both my lists at the same time by being a rare combination of heavy shooting and heavy armor...