New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

J_S

Re: New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Post by J_S » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:14 pm

The memes are real

Also - wake up today (June 12), log into the new War Room on my tablet and phone. Both get stuck in an infinite loop and crash. Never change, War Room.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:19 pm

Ok, more L&L spoilers of Concept artworks and WIP digital model sculpts:

I assume these are the rumored new Mercenary Character Llaelese Gun mage unit (based on the Merc faction symbol in their background), otherwise I would have tought these to be Epic B13th:)

These should be the Farrow Commandos (I think their card is in the minion deck).

The SEA KING!!! This gargant looks pretty awesome, but it sill probably be a paint in the ass to transport (not as bad as Archangel, but a close second). Looking at the length of that chain he could very well have Chain strike (4'' melee during activation) and even Pull like Protheus:D When I first saw the sketch I thought this might be a character Gargant, but it might very well just be a 3rd variant of the troll huge beast... Might that mean we'll get rules for a 3rd colossal before the end of the year (before we even get all the current colossals released:P)?

And finally another MoW model!!! This one has been referred to as the Koldun Forge master and apparently one of PP's digital sculptors was working on it during L&L. The Khador forums are speculating this might very well be our source of Empower (which is somewhat annoying to me since it will most likely cost 5-6 points and be FA 1, maybe 2 as opposed to other faction Empower solos that are 3-4 Pts and FA 3-ish... Oh well it is more MoWs).

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Speaking of the Thornfall Gunmages, I've just heard on a Podcast (Fully Boosted Ep9 on Muse on Minis at the 86 minutes mark):
They cost 9 pts
They each seem to have 2 guns (or some whay to have 2 attacks each).
Their rune shots are Black penny, Thunderbolts and a Continous fire shot)
They have Prowl

Pretty nifty:)

Weefsat

Post by Weefsat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:35 am

Did anyone notice how shitty the new journeyman rules are for trolls? In the first week you have to use the battlebox so you're stuck with 3 lights, two of them being pretty bad. Then in the second week you have to spend 10 points on beasts (it's still mangled metal) so you have to take another light. The kicker is that you're not allowed to change your models, you can only change your warlock once. So you have to try and make the list with 4 shitty lights work all the way at 75 points. That's like a surefire way to get no new players introduced to trolls. The list maxes out at pow 16 on one model (Ragnor's shitty damage buff costs 3 fury for some reason so you can't even hotswapit without using up all your fury). I think there is literally no way to for this list to beat Khador for at least the first two weeks.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:13 am

Fair concerns, but when was the last time we locally played a journeyman league?

J_S

Post by J_S » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:23 am

I think he is more concerned for his Trolls brothers than for himself. A true patriot.

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 am

Those things are meant for people who are figuring out how game mechanics work and stuff like that. Not people who know which models are rubbish and which are competitive, min maxing and building their lists with a purpose, not just aesthetics in mind.

It's a good place to start if you're a newbie in a newbie friendly meta. :)

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Ok, another picture I found from L&L live WIPs:

Mainly it is a size comparison and showing off that the actual Siege crawler model exists:)

On a similar note I noticed on the Khador forums that the MoW shocktrooper CA is supposedly scheduled for release in September, along a Kommander Sorscha's re-sculpt (this is possibly just a metal re-cast of the plastic model from the Mk2 battlebox), which might mean we'll be facing a lot of Khador Meat mountain archetype lists...:P

Weefsat

Post by Weefsat » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:59 am

1466246626840.jpg
I guess he's some sort of a Mage Hunter Assassin. Given the armor heavy meta he's not looking too bad but he's still a 5 point combat solo in a crowded space.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:06 am

Ok, new round of model entries on PP's main site:

We've seen previews for these already, but now we got the fully painted models:D