New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

Baffo

Re: New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Post by Baffo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:50 pm

Ok, here's a card from a brand new Mk3 Legion unit:

Hellmouth:

It reminds me of the Sentry stone and manikins, except it apparently can't move at all, but it automatically spawns new tentacles at the start of its activation, if there are less than 3 in the unit. That said you can deploy it 19-22'' from your table edge and his tentacles project threat roughly 11'' from it's base (CMD 8 + 1'' small base size + 2'' reach), meaning it can contest/control banners and zones in the middle of the table from turn 1 even without being able to move at all.

For 6 pts, Arm 18, 8 wounds and Impervious flesh make it a pretty resilient 'solo' you will have to use boostable ranged attacks or quality charges to get rid of. All in all, pretty interesting (and very much in theme with the Chtulu Legion Stan is slowly crafting)

Weefsat

Post by Weefsat » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:06 pm

That unit looks totally awesome at 6 points. Probably the most creative thing I've seen PP do in ages. Here's some more spoilers I found.

Knights Exemplar Officer
Protectorate Command Attachment
Spd 5 Str 6 Mat 8 Rat 4 Def 12 Arm 15 Cmd 9

Battle Driven
Tactics: Overtake
Granted: Cleave
Minifeat for Divine Inspiration

Relic Blade
Rng 1, Pow 5, PS 11, Magical Weapon, Weapon Master

PC 3
FA 3
Small Base

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:20 am

Let's see...Hellmouth looks very legit for contesting scenarios. Keep the mouth somewhere safe-ish (if you can bait out some high power attacks more power to you, crappy afterthought attacks won't do jack squat vs arm 18 and 1 dice less dmg) and send tentacles to contest and stuff. Not bad at all.

Exemplar officer is really cool as well. KE become proper dangerous with him around and at 3 pts, he's a steal.

Warlord has to have an interesting rule or two at the back of the card, 5pts for a meh-ish beatstick doesn't cut it.

Prime Conflux is at the moment...garbage. For pretty much the same reason eZerkova isn't very good, it just lacks models to synergize with. It's not...bad per se but the extra rule on it's fists is very lackluster and guns are ok-ish at best. And its biggest problem isn't even lack of Synergy with faction, it's his big brother who's abilities (namely drag) became a lot better in the new edition due to meta. Oh it's a point cheaper then Axiom? Whoopty fuck.

Druid is ok I guess, support for constructs, don't know about the faction to comment.

Inflictor is a Cryx jack and I still can't shake the ''just take more Banes'' mentality. 13 pts is not a lot for an arm 19 jack in Cryx so I guess it's good?

All in all good stuff. I mean...omg mkIII PP sucks rabble rabble. AmIrite?

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:26 am

The druid support solo seems good with the Celestial fulcrum, since it can 'power boost' it for extra Fury to boost attacks and repair it when needed:)

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:49 am

It specifies FF construct warbeast.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:18 am

Why the F*** would you use a 3 points activation to add 1 fury on a FF construct warbeast?
I get it that it's supposed mainly to remove fury and it has simply been worded the same as Condition on other such solos for generic beasts, but since they made it a separate rule, they could have left it just FF Construct for a little extra synergy (considering it is limited to supporting a very narrow subsection of the faction anyway)...
Oh well, it will still make it into Baldur lists to help his constructs I guess (Bradigus is supposedly crap in mk3, according to the Circle forums).

Anyway, every faction forum started hunting spoilers about the new models that will supposedly come with the new edition faction books; so far it seems like every full faction got at least 2 confirmed non-caster releases, the BB casters and possibly the fully grown character journeymen/lesser warlocks.

For Khador we've seen the cards of the MoW Shocktroopers UA and the Winterguard Artillerist, but some people supposedly found unreleased artwork and/or entries into Warroom - the Khador forums are speculating about a supposed MoW officer (that isn't the Shocktrooper UA). If this turns out to be another UA for Demo corps and/or Bombardiers, the MoW meat mountain under an Irusk, Vlad2 or Butcher1 might be a good list in mk3:D

Similarly for Cygnar we know they're getting a Gunmage Sniper and the Stormsmith Grenadiers, but like for the MOW officer rumor, there is a supposed entry for a Trencher commando UA and an entry for Jake's full caster form (supposedly she wields 2 swords made from the 2 blades of Sturgis1's original staff, since he was her mentor, before dying and becoming Sturgis2).

This year surely is keeping up the hype (new edition and new books with brand new models).

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:37 am

Get out of here with your positive attitude and constructive feedback. This is pitchfork and torch waving zone!

What's the word on the street about MoW stuff?

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:15 am

As far as I could see on the Khador forums every MoW hipster in the motherland is awaiting the release of the Shocktrooper UA to make the MOW meat mountain a reality, but until then everyone is getting them assembled/painted and possibly buying up MoW Kovniks, while we wait:)
The idea of MoWs with SPD 6+Reform 3 (Irusk 1 and 2) with Armor 21-23 (Shield wall + Iron flesh with Irusk1 and/or Butcher1) that are always Steady and Sturdy (these are Tactics, so once you add the UA the unit doesn't lose it till they're all dead) and granted Assault (without counting any damage buffs from spells and feats) that gives each MoW 2x Pow 14 attacks on their 11'' charge... If you add in Fury + Butcher1 feat that becomes 1x pow 17 + 4D6 damage charge and a pow 14 + 3D6 shots, while under Irusk 1 they can have Battle lust every turn and +2 Mat/Rat on feat turn...
The full MoW Deathstar costs 25 points (16 full unit + 4 for UA + 5 for Kovnik), so you can probably squeeze 2-3 MoW fully supported units + 2 heavies in a normal 75 points list...
If MoWs turn out to have a decent theme lists (as in good theme bonuses) MoWs meat mountain might be a new list archetype in mk3

maxvonlaibach

Post by maxvonlaibach » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm not a fan of the new druid. The stone spray is nice, but much better on a blackclad with his assault, the healing won't really come into play with Baldurs (Megalith is often their only construct, and he's got a self-heal), the fury removal is not too big a deal with constructs.
I can see Brad taking one or two, and possibly eBaldur if you want to run him with 3+ woldwatchers instead of warpwolves.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:44 pm

#Designspace :D