New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

Baffo

Re: New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Post by Baffo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:11 pm

Today's insider has a top 10 Mk3 changes you might have missed:
1) Minuses to SPD no longer prevent models from charging.

2) All cavalry models make impact attacks and can attack with their mounts during an activation in which they did not charge.

3) When a model uses Shield Guard on an AOE attack, the AOE is now centered on the model that used Shield Guard.

4) A warjack knocked down in shallow water no longer has its furnace extinguished.

5) A model no longer has to begin its activation in the back arc of a model to gain the Back Strike bonus. It just has to make its attack completely within its target’s back arc.

6) Push and Headlock/Weapon Lock Power Attacks no longer exist.

7) Warcasters no longer remove all remaining focus points on them during their Maintenance Phase. Now they only remove focus points in excess of their Focus Stat.

8) Knocked down models can now be moved by slams.

9) Predeploy doesn't exist anymore.

10) Some models reference Structures, such as Siege Brisbane, but you'll notice there are no Structure rules in Prime or Primal. Look forward to hearing more about the GREATLY simplified and awesome Structure rules in the future.
The one I didn't notice while reading trough the core rules was point 3. That means you have to be pretty careful about your shield guard positioning, or you'll end up killing more models by moving the AoE around...

Weefsat

Post by Weefsat » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:43 pm

I missed 7,8 and 9. Fire on a warcaster is no longer as retarded (which is the only thing affected I believe, p.s. do you replenish focus before or after the damage roll?).

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:20 pm

p.s. do you replenish focus before or after the damage roll?
Prime p 69 under Focus manipulation:
...During your Control
Phase
, this model replenishes its focus points so that it has
a number equal to its current FOCUS. To replenish focus, a
model gains focus points so that it has a number equal to its
current FOCUS.
Control phase is after maintenance and I believe Fire and other such continious effects are resolved during maintenance, so you can use any camped Foc from last turn to mitigate the damage from Fire, but you don't replenish until after resolving all maintenance effects.

P.S. Did you guys check out the new 2 players battleboxes?:

Cryx Vs Cygnar:

Trolls Vs Skorne:

The Cryx lot has the best Infantry option imo and if you split up the box you get the full Bane warriors unit 2 heavies, 2 arcnodes and the new caster for 45 $; pretty neat to start into cryx:)

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:31 am

So it's basically BB + a full small based unit. As opposed to medium based like before. Stormguard are still pretty rubbish so that sucks for any potential Cygnar aficionados, the rest look alright. Didn't check mkIII Skorne at all so not sure how good Praetorians are but I remember seeing loads of Karax praise. And...Nihilators probably still have reach so they can't be bad.

Fire dmg roll indeed takes into consideration focus from last turn. Which is only fair and should have been erratad in mkII long ago and maybe, just maybe eFeora wouldn't have to lose Ignite. #salty

J_S

Post by J_S » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:34 am

The rumoured Kara Sloan errata is not on this list: http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... ta-Threads

J_S

Post by J_S » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:44 am

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Ok, I'll have to remember this ruling with Great bears and Butcher3's Wargii.
I guess this kinda sucks for Gang/flank units that have Crit KD or Stationary effects, since they crits aren't always optional:P

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:14 am

Just noticed a couple new pre-release entries in Wayland games' online store for the end of September:

The most intriguing pic are the Circle Druids on goats, since I don't thinke we've seen any earlier pics of the actual models:)

Most of the other entries don't yet have a picture, but in general it is mainly metal re-casts of the Mk2 battle box caster sculpts, MoW shocktrooper's UA (right after WTC, so unless it goes on sale in some summer con later on, it should not be 'legal' for WTC (so I don't expect the Khador Meat mountain archetype to flood the meta yet then).

Weefsat

Post by Weefsat » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:05 am

I hope this means ret/trolls get some light cav in the next release cycle too. Btw did anyone figure out what the new release cycle is anyway? It feels like they are jsut dropping all kinds of new models on us all the time now. is it possible that we get quarterly releases instead of every 6 months now? Maybe we just get releases for one faction each month or two.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:21 pm

More 3D model previews I noticed on MoM's facebook:

Tiberion full model re-sculpt

Cryx Gunmages

Stormcaller grenadiers

Exemplar knight CA

In general nice sculpts; I assume these models will come out in October (since we know the listing for the september releases).