New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

Baffo

New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Post by Baffo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Just as the title says, apparently PP will release new editions of Warmachine and Hordes end of June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBBcOVuY4U

The comunity at large has been asking for a large scale re-balance on various fronts and since we haven't heard up to now any news about the next anthology book I was expecting a Prime and Primal remix, aka Mk 2.5, but for them to jump strait into Mk3 surprises me quite a bit.

On the other hand it annoys me that any prep work done for WTC up to July is now pointless, since we have no idea what will change and how much and I expect the WTC to be a totally random crapshoot of experimental lists since there will not be an estabilshed meta game by then...

What do you guys think?

J_S

Re: New edition of Warmachine/Hordes end of June!!!

Post by J_S » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:11 pm

About time.

I have no models left anyway and I don't think they'll change it enough so I'll buy back in, but I will assume the WTC will use this new set of rules so I'll probably have to actually practice....

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Buff AA nerf BB! :D

http://www.allnewwar.com/

maxvonlaibach

Post by maxvonlaibach » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm

I really wish they had made the announcement on April 1st. That would've been the best joke ever.

Edit: take the quiz. At the end of it, you'll be prompted to give your e-mail address for a newsletter, including some short stories and info on new rules as soon as they come out.

The new warlock for Circle looks godawful btw.
Last edited by maxvonlaibach on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_S

Post by J_S » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 pm

The one good thing coming out of this is that the meta will be loose and shifting in the early stages so hopefully the AA will be worth a shit so I can play it in two lists.

The cynic in me says all huge bases will be very good.

maxvonlaibach

Post by maxvonlaibach » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:17 pm

I hope they will be, I've got a magic monkey on the shelf, waiting to get some smashing done.

J_S

Post by J_S » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:13 pm

I am going to assume this will be like early Mk2 where everyone thought jacks were the shit so all-jack lists were considered legit.

I'd like to play two 6-model lists please. K thx.

J_S

Post by J_S » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:44 am

Here's some stuff I stole:
-Universal pre-measuring will be added to MKIII
-Fury and focus mechanics have been rebalanced for early and late game.
-Warjacks get a free focus each turn if they start in a control area
-A warlock can generate one fury per turn per dead warbeast
-Every model has been rebalanced.
-Every caster has a unique spell or special ability.
-Point scale has been doubled.
-Expect 28-30 warjack / warbeast points per caster
-Fear and terror checks have been removed from the game
-Fluff has been removed from game books and will be through Skull Island.
-New Hordes faction will be teased at L&L and will release the year after
Will update as more comes out

EDIT: - Theme Forces getting dramatically reworked. No details other than that. Also a book called 'Blood of Kings' that wraps up the story arc. Vlad probably dies.

With premeasuring and this new edition mixing up the meta, I will no longer be deadweight on the team.
I will probably also be forced to practice since I doubt any of the nerds in my group will want to play GB in the months after this releases, so that's looking good for you guys.

The new edition of Guild Ball releases on Saturday/next Saturday in digital format so we also have time to start a GB campaign before then.

Overall everything looking up :)

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:13 am

Ok, here are a couple tid bits of extra info I noticed on Bols:
The new editions will be released worldwide in independent hobby game stores on June 29, 2016. Privateer Press will release the new Core Rules for each game for free online on June 12, 2016.
The new editions of WARMACHINE and HORDES have been updated and redesigned to be quicker to learn while providing a more intuitive game play experience. Releasing alongside the new core rulebooks—WARMACHINE: Prime and HORDES: Primal—will be twelve new Faction Decks

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 pm

So, right after Mk3 gets released I will also get this:

That looks much (properly) bigger than the current Behemoth sculpt, with sharper details and a non-derpy pose:)
Now hopefully the new rules will make it even better on the table:D

P.S. Since I can't theory-machine or list build for the next 2 months I might as well go on speculating about what new changes might come up...

General changes (besides the snippets already mentioned above):
- Non-reach Heavy Jacks/Beasts have 1'' melee range (including for their power attacks); Lights and infantry stay as they are currently (melee range wise).
- All Heavy jacks gain the Power attack Sweep (so Thresher with 1'' range regardless of weapons, using the jack/beast Strength).
- Non-Slam/Trample Power attacks can be made after a charge instead of the initial attacks by spending 1 extra Foc (do not benefit from the Charge damage die bonus in that case).
- Fire continuous effects get resolved before leaching Fury or Discarding/recharging focus (so if you camped last turn, you still have Arm buff or Transfers available Vs fire damage roll).
- All continious effects become shake-able like Blind and Shadowbind.
- All casters/locks gain their own Field marshal ability like Harkevich and all the CoC casters.
- Up the Allocation limit on Heavy jacks to 4 (making it 5 on bonded jacks or Characters). Keep the lights at 3.
- Give all jack marshals in the game different Drives and change the Jack marshal rule to target Jacks in the caster's battlegroup. Change Powerbooster so it can add to Jacks that have foc on them (up to their normal allocation limit)
- Give all gargossals Bulldoze and/or Weapon platform as a default rule. Alternatively they could gain immunity to some debuffs like Blind, Shadowbind and maybe even continuous effects in general (they're so big you can't really set them on fire or blind them). Keep in mind they will cost the equivalent of 4 heavy jacks now, so I am guessing they will ramp up their resilience and offense considerably.

What do you think? Any other ideas (think of long standing issues people expressed in the past 6 years and some 'reasonable' answers we've seen discussed on assorted forums).
Cheers!