WM/H World Team Championship (23-25th September 2016)

Steam-punk fantasy 'skirmish' igra z 28 mm modeli in večjimi roboti / zvermi namesto tankov :)

Moderators: Krokz, Baffo

J_S

Re: WM/H World Team Championship (23-25th September 2016)

Post by J_S » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:32 am

Savage. I like your style.

What was the name of the paypal account? Team Slovenia Catalin Arsenie?

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Sun May 08, 2016 10:07 am

So what's the status on the boot camp and shirts and stuff? Are we still doing that? Summer looms closer!

maxvonlaibach

Post by maxvonlaibach » Mon May 09, 2016 9:54 am

We should definitely get some games in, using different lists and factions. Whether I'll be able to make the trip is debatable, since I'm looking for a new job atm.
However, I've spoken to Tomek Tutaj, who's organizing the boot camps for Team Poland. He promised to keep me in the loop, so that if I can't make it to Slovenia, I'll still have a couple of weekends of hardcore gaming.

T-shirts... have we decided on design yet?

J_S

Post by J_S » Mon May 09, 2016 10:26 am

I have a Guild Ball league going till June 10, then will be playing at least one game of Mk3 per week til September and getting people to dojo Legion lists for me. Best I can do!

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Tue May 10, 2016 4:34 am

If I understand the release schedule correctly we'll get free online downloadable Core rules on June 12 and new Mk3 stat cards decks on the 29th... With that in mind I will try to play using the new core rules probably using Battlebox models (supposedly they will be get fully spoiled in the NQ at the end of May I believe) so I can get used to the new system while I wait for my full faction deck...
Then in July I will try to get as many games in as possible, probably dragging Weef to my basement or Tobačna to get him to shake off the rust as well; eventually we shall be joined by Stan once he returns from the UK and then I was thinking of organizing a mini MK3 tourney with the people in Tobačna to kick off the edition and allow us to play opponents other than the 3 of us between us...
Currently we have Tilen (Trolls, Gators, Ret and Merc-dwarfs), Bubalo (Trolls) and Tevž (Legion and Cryx). Besides these there are possibly Danilo (Circle), Ravnikar and one more new guy I that is waiting for the new stat decks to pick his purchases and plunge in. With the advent of Mk3 we might even pique the interest of some other ex GW veterans, meaning we should have some variety to play against to 'train' for this year and more candidates for next years' WTC team (I know that at least 3 of the above mentioned players have the appropriate competitive mentality and WTC/ETC experience in other systems to quickly learn and grow our local meta:)

Anyway, for the moment I am focusing on finishing up my Conquest/Viktor and getting it painted by the end of June; besides my colossal project I also plan to finish my current commission jobs by then so we can then concentrate on getting our armies painted up to standard with the new edition's in mind.

The future looks bright, but for now I am waiting, sculpting and painting...

J_S

Post by J_S » Tue May 10, 2016 5:05 am

On shitty side effect of this rules change is that a lot of Legion has to be painted up.

It was my understanding that War Room would have the cards for download on the 12th so will have access to the data earlier. Only shit thing is I have to put War Room back on my phone/tablet and then buy the Legion deck for it.

Administrative question - I am soon booking my return flight from Amsterdam on morning of 26 Sept. Last I spoke with Stan you guys were planning to spend a day or two extra in Amsterdam after the WTC so wouldn't be driving back straight away. No problem but I will need to head back the day after.

I will need accommodation on the evening of Sunday 25/09 with you guys, where ever you guys book (Stan was organizing this I believe? Guessing the venue will probably allow an extra night for a small fee), and will also need a lift to airport in Amsterdam central probably around 9:30am. All good with that?
Please confirm so I can book the flight back to Ljubljana or Trieste.

S'tan

Post by S'tan » Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 am

Given then level on enthusiasm for spending a day or two in 'dam from everyone but me, we may as well leave as soon as WTC's finished. :D

J_S

Post by J_S » Tue May 10, 2016 10:29 am

S'tan wrote:Given then level on enthusiasm for spending a day or two in 'dam from everyone but me, we may as well leave as soon as WTC's finished. :D
Hmmm? Is there consensus on this?

If that's the case then we can leave in the evening, drive for a while and have a rest either at some village on the way or at a truck stop and get to Slovenia early afternoon on Monday, which would work fine for me, especially if I can get dropped off in Divaca on the way.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Tue May 10, 2016 1:18 pm

I remember reading somewhere that the WTC fee does actually include sleep-over on the Sunday night as well, so I always assumed we would be getting back on the road next morning either way (weather we go to Amsterdam for a couple days after the WTC or come back 'strait away), if nothing else to give Stan a chance to rest before the long drive.

Since I don't drive and can't 'contribute' to the rotation for the road-trip back, I will agree with whatever our driver(s) decide (as I see it there are 3 scenarios):
1. Sleepover on the Sunday night and get on the road Monday morning.
2. Get back on the road on Sunday night and strait back to Slovenia.
3. Hang out in Amsterdam for another 1-2 days.

Personally I am for option 3 and since we have to finalize our plans can everyone express their opinion/plans in this regard (so we can reach a consensus)?

J_S

Post by J_S » Tue May 10, 2016 9:42 pm

I can drive as well if required.

Like I said, I have to get back to Slovenia by evening Monday. Whether we go with Option 2 or I fly back depends on what you guys want to do. If both Baffo and Stan want to stay for a few days that seems to be the way to go (would have to ask Weef), and Max is flying in anyway, right?